Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hope Part 3

Psalms 34:
Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.


Psalms 34:18-19
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all


Psalms 34:21-22
Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
The LORD redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.


Psalms 37:1-11
Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong;
for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:
He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.
For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land.
A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found.
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.



There are several passages above that really speak to me. A big one is "do not fret-- it leads only to evil.". Wowie, I have been a fretter & it never did me any good at all. In fact it only made me more impatient & angry, which made me bitter & negative. Evil. I love the first verse....those who look to him are radiant. Oh, I love that. We all know people that just ooze of Jesus Joy, they have bright & smiling faces. So that passage got to me, I know of a few people who if I think about are radiant & they all love the Lord. Is that God's radiance? Man, that's big that God's love can actually SHINE forth from our physical beings. Ooohh, I want to shine too. I am mentally picturing myself in a little classroom at my desk with hand raised & bouncing in my seat yelling "me me me" at the Lord my teacher standing at the front of the classroom. I want that too. Can you imagine being radiant with the love of God? Right now my radiance stems from my bare minerals make up which by the way, I highly recommend.
I wish Joyce Meyers was my next door neighbor. Boy, through her I am really learning so much. Hearing, applying & learning are all very different things but she always pegs me to the core & somehow the way she words things makes it easy for me to try & apply what I have needed to. Joyce is my girl!! I highly recommend her website & her books. Love 'em.
Do you know the song/passage where we sing of the Lord asking whom shall I send.... and then we sing I will go. I never get through that without balling like a baby. How many people has God called & they would.... not go. How many times even has God moved us to call someone, they were just on our minds & we were too busy to do it or just dismissed it because of whatever..... if we have done that then we.... "did not go". I have been thinking of being a vessel for God & what that means in my life. I am not called to be a huge pastor but I am here on an everyday basis to be used locally. Will I go when God says whom shall I send? who will go? Will I answer the call? I want to, I hope so. I am a tired Christian right now. I am not involved in anything right now. Which is rare for me. I'm really pooped from my trials. But I am anxiously awaiting all of the wonderful things that are ahead of me through my Lord. Boy, I am so not wanting to forget all of my horrors & all that I have learned so that I tune out His will & His voice. I really like the verses above & they could probably be cultivated into one great Bible Study. If they haven't already.

Today is funny. Yesterday I was swamped with business. It was such a pretty gift from God. Somehow I just knew today was going to be no business. I didn't think about it much but I just FELT it rather than THOUGHT it. So I laugh today because it's 2:15 & I have only had one person come in & sold a 9.99 item. I think it's kind of funny. But I am cool with it because yesterday was flippin awesome & nothing can take that away from me. I love love love to be ringing people up & chat with them. And I did & it was great. So there.

No comments: