Saturday, December 20, 2008

King Tut Exhibit in Atlanta

Haute Couture comes to Atlanta!! Just kidding, you wish you had one of these bad boys don'tcha?

King Tut's stuff is here, in the ATL. I didn't get to go but my parents took my kids. They loved it, everyone had a great time. If you are anywhere close to being able to get here, you definitely should.
Do you see my teen dying from embarrassment? LOVED IT!! We were at a Japanese steakhouse to celebrate my parents 41st anniversary when my mom pulled this out from their trip earlier in the day. Lexie had friends from the high school at the next table so we all decided to embarrass her & wear King Tut's cool hat & take pictures. I know, I know, we're great parents, stop with the compliments.

My hubby & Amber. Braxton is like.... what the heck?
I though y'all might like a good laugh today. I also want to say what a big dummy I am. I was struggling yesterday, I admited it. I was trying not to but I had me some crazy nerves yesterday. God showed up SCHZAAM!! What a day in sales we had, I left my daughter to work the store so I could go home & catch up on cleaning & she kept calling me with updates as the total for the day got higher & higher. We haven't done that much in one day in like a year. We all kept praising God & thanking him. My 9 year old was standing in the kitchen with arms outstretched thanking God. It was beautiful to watch the kiddies praise Jesus, praise God. I was really excited too because I need to mail some more rent money. My sales have been poopy since summer & the biz is still new so what I did yesterday may seem like a normal day to most gift stores but for me it was a treasure. Thank you so much God. I told you yesterday morning & on the way home that I trusted you. That has been a long road travelled, but one worth going down. I trust you God. I don't want to be scared anymore.
Can I share a snipet of what I read today? It was a blessing to me.
Psalms 84 Study this Passage
How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young-- a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. "Selah"
Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion.
Hear my prayer, O LORD God Almighty; listen to me, O God of Jacob. "Selah"
Look upon our shield, O God; look with favor on your anointed one.
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.
Do you see what is at the bottom??????? DO YOU???? Blessed is the man who trusts in you. Oh, mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all, don't tell me that wasn't God. I do my Bible in a year online at Christianity.com. I didn't read the last two days, shame on me. So I read today & this is what awaited me. I had my huge moment with God when I finally got to the place where I could say I trusted him. It wasn't even something I meant to say or premeditated about, it just came out as I was talking to Him. And now this passage? I have read this many times before but I never realized just exactly what the difference was between trusting & believing & faith. There are differences, now I can see that. All are important, but I never really really had that full trust before & look what God showed me. One day in His Courts is also one of my favorite songs to sing!!!!!!!!! I have also been picturing myself bowed down at the throne of God when I have been praying lately so this passage is everything to me. WOW, it's all I can say today.



No comments: