Thursday, July 2, 2009

Biblical Keys to Financial Prosperity

I just finished reading this book. There aren't words. Coupled with first listening to a series of CD's preached by a youth minister (the hubby of the woman who sent me the CD's and some books) on "Speaking The Expected End" and then reading this book I feel truly changed.

The title is somewhat deceiving. Here's why. The book is about financial principals for certain but oh it is so much more. This book is about living a life truly wrapped up in God. It is AMAZING! It makes sense though doesn't it? To be blessed financially (which is Biblical) is not something God just doles out to everyone. If paying our tithes was enough to be blessed in our finances wouldn't a large amount of Christians be thriving in finances? Wouldn't all Christians tithe once they saw the ones who did being blessed in the area of finances if tithing was enough?

I was expecting a book telling me how much to tithe. I was expecting lessons on offerings. I was expecting to learn God's principles on tithing and giving to the Church and what God's word says about provision for us.

Wow. I got so much more from this book. I have to say though that my book has a much prettier cover than the one shown. This was the one I found on the Internet, but what is inside is pure beauty. I don't recommend books lightly. Mostly because there are a farkzillion books on every subject and a great deal of them are just fine and dandy. But man, I have to recommend this book. Oh my, you will be so blessed if you read it. Now that I have read it I have to read it again. It's one of those books. This time I will be highlighting and taking notes.

The most simple and easiest thing I can say I have learned from the book and the CD series is something I knew to do but truly never did. I've been doing it lately and humph, I have to say it's pretty nice. What is the thing? You know it too, so please, if you'd like your life to be happier and more blessed then please consider actually doing what I have learned that we actually have to DO instead of just know.

1. Meditate on the word of God night and day. Keep it in your heart and mind. Think upon it.
Apparently this is pleasing to God, ha ha.

Psalms 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord (God's Word); and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Remember what God told Joshua?

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therin day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therin: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
The book translates it into modern day English as saying "This Word of God shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therin day and night, that thou mayest observe to do (do the Word; don't just be a hearer of the Word) according to all that is written therin: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous...."

I'll stop there. What is that actually saying? It's saying to be keeping God's Word in your thoughts day and night as in all the time. Be aware of God in you at all times and be a doer of the Word. Be thinking about God's Word and His commands day and night. Now, this sounds easy but we women are busy. If you are a woman like myself with little ones then you are lucky to get a moment to think clearly on something spiritual. If you are like me, an old bird approaching 40 with 4 kids the last of which is in his terrible 2's then your brain is clouded in a fog of chaos. I mean, I call the dog by my kids names. Sheesh. O.K. so we are busy people, well God didn't call us to be busy people. Oops, conviction. My being busy isn't an excuse from escaping God's commands? I've learned that being busy just means all the more that I need to meditate on God's word all day long.

I have been reading aloud (the out loud thing is important, more on that later) the scriptures that say who I am in Christ that I have posted on the top of the sidebar. Please print these for ya if you like. That has been a great part of my meditating on God's word. It has been a pleasure to know more of my place in God's heavenly realm. Then I just keep thinking about God and Bible scriptures I have read, stories, I talk to God, etc. It is becoming a habit, a great habit. It is a pretty crucial part of living a blessed life.

There are more things but I just wanted to post this one thing first. It's a biggie. It's also one of the hardest because it requires giving of our time to God. And our time is so precious as we race about and frankly most of us just don't meditate on God and His Word all day and night. So it's a change, but a great change and a rewarding one.

Oh, how I love this book!!

1 comment:

Tasha Simons said...

Jenny,

So glad you were blessed by this book. Thanks for the reminder to meditate in God's Word. Summer is so different. Without a routine, I can forget to keep God 1st. I'll be more intentional about my time with God. We had a fun 4th of July weekend. I took Bella to the parade as Matt had a sleepover. Later, we all went to a friend's boat house and went tubing. They were smiling ear to ear and I thought of all the times I went on your Dad's boat, the "Jennifer". Thanks for the wonderful memories!

Tasha