Proverbs 3:5 (New International Version)
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
1. To have or place reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
2. Custody; care.
3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one: violated a public trust.
b. One in which confidence is placed.
5. Reliance on something in the future; hope.
6. Reliance on the intention and ability of a purchaser to pay in the future; credit.
v. trust·ed, trust·ing, trusts
1. To have or place reliance; depend: Trust in the Lord. Trust to destiny.
2. To be confident; hope.
3. To sell on credit.
1. To have or place confidence in; depend on.
2. To expect with assurance; assume: I trust that you will be on time.
3. To believe: I trust what you say.
4. To place in the care of another; entrust.
5. To grant discretion to confidently: Can I trust them with the boat?
Let's have some fun today shall we? Who knew trust could have so many definitions huh? Let's do some word replacement today.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
I will rely on the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding;
I put myself in your custody LORD with all my heart and will lean not on my own understanding;
I place my confidence & hope in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding;
I have assured expectancy in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding;
This is my life verse. I first learned of a life verse when I was reading Wendy Blight's book Hidden Joy in A Dark Corner. AWESOME BOOK!!!
She also helped me understand how important it is to know all the definitions of a word. I can't begin to tell you how many times a day I have had to cling to this verse in days past and what a comfort it has been to me. It still is, & I like to personalize it and make it into statement form sometimes. Do you ever do that with a special scripture?
Have a great day,