Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Light of The Gospel

I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind. 2 Cor 4:4

Yesterday that scripture taken from all the scriptures that say who we are in Christ really spoke to me. I need to keep God's word in my mind. I need to not let anything but God's word influence me. Not always an easy thing to do, for me in this particular time it is not as easy as before but it is still required.

I was studying in Genesis today about woman and it was amazing to me that in one conversation Satan was able to convince Eve that God was holding out on her. He convinced her that the fruit of the tree they were not supposed to eat of would make her like God and that God did not want that. God wanted to keep the supreme rulership & knowledge for himself but it was available to her also if she would just eat, oh clever Satan.

Do you suppose that it was this momentary quest to be more powerful, more wise and more like God that God's punishment to woman was to become under the rulership of man instead? She was seeking more wisdom & was not content to co rule the earth with Adam, no she wanted more than to co rule so instead God, after this sin did what to woman? Women were ruled over instead of being equal co rulers & they were not given the same education as men. They were denied the same knowledge and privileges as men. Hmmmmm......... A fit punishment perhaps for Eve but I am not quite sure how much I appreciate it, ha ha.

The scripture at the top made me more aware than ever when I am in a hard place that I need to keep the light of the gospel in my mind. I need to believe God at his word, period. The battle place is in the mind and I need to let the Gospel shine it's light on any dark thing that would try to persuade me in any other direction than to love others & seek my Lord.

Things are so much smoother for my family than they were even this time last year. I had some fun reading some of my posts from this time last year. Boy oh boy was August and September a rough place last year. I was reading them last night and wow, if only I knew what I know now I would have never written any of those things. I would have known, but I didn't back then and it was so sad to look back & see me flailing about. Goodness, did God do a work in me. There was so much anger at my circumstances it made me cringe sometimes. But I look now and the change in me is so drastically different & the change in our circumstances changed also with it. Are we perfect, oh no we are not. Is everything okay every day, nope. But, it continues to improve always and so does our growth in the knowledge of the Lord. Amen to that!

No matter what, in sick days & in healthy days, in days of prosperity & days of lack I will keep the light of the Gospel in my mind. Pressing onward, I will not falter in my belief that God's word & his promises are very alive & true for me. I don't know if anybody else needed that but I sure needed to remind myself of how real & true the Gospel is today. I needed to see the sin of Adam & Eve, that she did not trust in what God did say & tried to achieve for herself what seemed good instead and she got exactly the opposite of what she tried to get for herself.

She sought more and she got less. She sought to become just like God in authority & knowledge and she became less of both. She tried to do it on her own and did not believe in what God said & look what happened.

Lesson learned, I will trust in you Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding, in all my ways I will acknowledge you and your word says you will make straight paths for me. Proverbs 3:5&6 slightly personalized by moi. Once again, my life verse is just perfect for me today.

Braxton just spilled his drink all over the table & the floor. Then my 12 year old walked through it and fell. Fruity Pebbles & milk all over the floor now too. Amber is sick. I cleaned it all up of course & then came back here, looks like I am going to need this word today! Good grief, how is that we can get all prayed up & feeling wonderful & then life just happens & we are so tempted to throw it all away. Well, I have all four home today, no school, so I love it that this morning 's word I let soak in seems to be just perfect for today, for me at least.

I hope all of you are having a happy & blessed day,

Jenn
Share

1 comment:

Heart2Heart said...

Jenn,

Ah you know all of us moms have those days. I had our last week when my teen spilled her hot chocolate all over the counter, floor and cabinets while she was looking somewhere else. This from a 16 year old?

Then my 10 year old did the very same thing with a glass of milk talking to her dad but not looking at the milk.

Life happens, thankfully we have God!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat