Friday, November 21, 2008

God to the RESCUE!!

Okay, I'm freaking out today. In a good way. BTW y'all, I already made a post today & it was a pretty good one but when I hit publish post something weird happened & it lost my post. Wah!!

I can't go through the process of doing it all again but the first part was all about Philippeans 4:4-7. Man, that whole passage is all about who I am right now. Okay, maybe I'll post those verses.

Phil 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

How many times have I read that passage, skimmed it, thought on it but today.... it sang to me. I love when that happens. Everything about me is summed up in this passage at this moment in time. I found it because all morning long Mr. Anxiety has been banging on the door of my heart & mind. I told him to go away, I'm not his friend anymore & he can't come to play anymore. He wasn't listening. I refused to let him in & when I got to work I took up my Bible & in the in Index ( one of my favorite parts of the Bible ) I looked up Joy & then Happiness. I read every scripture it listed. Phil 4:4-7 just sang to me. I felt compeled to do more than just read today & now I feel like it was God guiding me to this scripture. He has taken me to "that place" & I can't let Mr. Anxiety back in again. Then I won't be in "that place" anymore. So I just have had to keep continually praying & telling myself God hears me, God loves me & He is for me. He has already answered prayers & has already sent today's answer on it's way. Wait expectantly on what God has in store for me today. Today will be GREAT, not even good. So I'm freaking out because today is so so so so cold here in Georgia today & the wind could blow away a small dog. So it's freezing & windy, not a shoppers best friend. Why would somebody come out in the freezing cold windy weather to go to a gift store? I braced myself for a very slow day. I may have no sales today even. I am desperately needing to have a good day. I should do less than a $100 probably it's so cold outside. I am believing God for a $300 day. But just to show me He is in control...... God has already sent in 5 ladies, all 5 bought stuff & all of them were in the store less than 5 minutes. Okay, that NEVER happens. It's a gift store, filled with beautiful stuff & it smells great in here, I have hot coffee with gourmet creamers, brownies, mints. People usually stay awhile in here. There is no way it's a coincidence that 5 ladies in a row have come in, all been "in a hurry", bought stuff & been gone in less than 5 minutes. I know that's God. I'm freakin out!!! God is paying attention to me, He is comforting me in a struggle to kick Mr. Anxiety out of my head. I just think it's awesome when I get personal attention from God. It's soooo cool. I can't wait to come back here & report my sales tomorrow, even if it's not $300, I will have had a great day with God. He is here to help me & comfort me & what more could a girl want?

No comments: