Friday, August 22, 2008

The Fruit We Bear



Jesus said "By their fruit you will recognize them.". So after coming across the recorded sounds of Hell 2 days ago & finding the series on You Tube on 23 minutes in Hell & have been doing a serious reality check.
I have so many stressful situations going on right now that I have once again let it take over me. My prayer life in the last 2 weeks is not what it once was. I am so stressed that I am beginning to again lose my path. I cannot stop thinking about the suffering from that video series. How horrible for anyone to enter into Hell. Though my troubles are legitimate concerns, after all people have to have a place to sleep & eat. I would like to not suffer the humiliation & financial crush of my business failing but in the end what really matters?
It is also a reality check that some people just do suffer more than others. I am one of them.
I was thinking about the Michael W. Smith song... I'm coming back to the heart of worship And it's all about you, all about you Jesus..... I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it, when it's all about you, it's all about you Jesus.
It is hard but my life has been made better these last couple of months on a personal level. Hardship is my shadow, maybe that's just the way it is. I am praying for God to give me the grace to be everything He wants me to be. I am praying for him to make my path straight before me. I am praying for him to move in my life for so many things. God's ways are not our ways, that seems to be coming up lately. I also keep seeing this last week people who are angry at God or trying to figure out why life isn't always fair. I saw something yesterday that said God may not always be fair but He's always right. I had to laugh. My life is not fair, for cetain. But maybe it's right where he wants me? I don't know..... But I am thinking of my fruit & what does my little tree look like right now. There's the tree thing again.... that keeps coming up too. I can think of two places in the Bible that people are referenced as trees. God is speaking to someone, I can't remember but he says that he sees his people as mighty oaks I believe. Then as Jesus was restoring a blind man's sight he asks him what he sees. The blind man says he sees people; they look like trees walking around. Once more Jesus put his hands on the man's eyes. Then his eyes were opened..... I have heard someone preach that Jesus did not mess up the first time he spit on the man's eyes & put his hands on him. Jesus wasn't doing a "do over". What is supposed is that first Jesus allowed the blind man to see people as God sees us. God said his people are like might oaks. Then the blind man receives sight & sees people as trees. Was he seeing us like God sees us? Then Jesus gave him "normal" sight. Who knows. Are we like trees to God? Hence the whole bearing of the good fruit & bad? What does my fruit tree look like to God? I guess what I am saying is that instead of being so concerned as to why God isn't helping me, a good & nice person. I should be concerned with what my tree is doing & be about the business of my Father's gardening. I can't lose sight of what is important. I must remember to take care of my gardening duties with my tree & surely God will water me & fertilize my soil. He will give me grace & mercy to let my roots grow deeply & be strong.
Thank you Jesus for your teachings.
Our Father who is in Heaven.
Hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come, your will be done.
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Glory to God. Amen.

No comments: